One more thing…
PICTURE DAY is Thursday, Oct 13th. This is a date change from the original calendar.
Order forms will come home in your child’s backpack this week.
*Late start students: we encourage you to have your picture taken, individually and with your class. Your order form will be emailed to you, along with a specific time frame.
Thank you for attending Curriculum Night. The Conscience Discipline resource book for parents mentioned last night is titled, Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline, by Becky Bailey.
Thank you for supporting the Scholastic book sale. Each classroom received books and we restocked our birthday books with points earned.
We did our first weather drill today! The students did a great job walking to the indoor gym and sitting along the wall, hugging their backpacks. We practice these weather drills in addition to fire drills monthly.
We would love to have you volunteer in the Studio! Click here to go to our Sign Up page.
Tuesday, Oct. 4th : No School (WCS off)
Wednesday, Oct. 5th: Our first Lunch & Learn, Cool Critters, 11:30-12:30pm. If you are unsure whether your child is signed up to participate, please contact Jenny at email@example.com or 761-5211.
Tuesday, Oct. 11th: Wyoming Fire Department will visit during Fire Prevention Week. We will have a timed fire drill, fire safety discussion, and the students will get to check out the fire truck!
Wednesday, Oct. 12th: No School (WCS off).
We look forward to seeing you tonight from 7:00-8:00pm. Meet in your child’s classroom at 7pm. At 7:15pm we will move upstairs to the Great Room, and plan to be finished by 8pm.
- Completed Ages & Stages questionnaires are due today. Please return completed forms to your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
- Teachers will be checking in with all parents this week via email or phone call
- Curriculum Night, Monday, Sept 26, 7-8pm upstairs in the Great Room (parents only)
- Tuition statements will be sent home this week. Tuition is due Oct 5
- Please continue to check your child’s head frequently (nits/lice) for the next few weeks
No school Oct 4th & 12th (Wyoming schools are off)
1st Lunch & Learn, Weds, October 5th, Cool Critters
The church has asked us to remind you, when using the circle driveway, please keep your tires completely on the paved area. We are trying to avoid ruts in the church lawn.
The Ages & Stages questionnaire went home in backpacks today. Please take time to fill it out and return to school by Tuesday, Sept 20th.
Book orders are due tomorrow. We have several who have already placed an online order. Please send your completed order and payment to school tomorrow, or complete your online order by the end of the day tomorrow.
Teachers will be checking in with all parents next week via email or phone call.
Tuition statements will be sent home next week. Tuition is due Oct 4.
Curriculum Night, Monday, Sept 26, 7-8pm upstairs in the Great Room (parents only)
Thanks for a great first week of school!
Thank you for all of the donations of supplies. Our tissues are soft, our markers are juicy, our play-doh is fresh! We appreciate and will gladly accept your donations throughout the school year.
Here is what is coming up…
- Next Tuesday, Sept 13 is our first practice fire drill. We ring a small bell and practice evacuating the building. The teachers are trained in all emergency procedures and will lead their class through the drill.
- Next week you will receive an Ages & Stages questionnaire, which you will need to complete and return to school. Look for it in your child’s backpack.
DATE CHANGE: Curriculum Night is Monday, September 26th upstairs in the Great Room from 7pm-8pm (originally scheduled for Weds, Sept 21).
- We have a few available spots in the Friday Fish class. This class meets on Fridays from 9:00-11:30am. It is open to both morning and afternoon fish. Contact the office if you are interested in joining us.
- We have had no more reported cases of lice. Please continue to check your child daily for the next few weeks.
Tomorrow is the 1st day of school!
- Remember to:
- bring a backpack and snack (in a plastic container with student’s name)
- bring an extra set of clothes (shorts, long pants, long & short sleeve shirts, socks, undies) in a gallon size ziploc bag with your child’s name clearly marked on it
- wear play clothes and shoes made for running and playing
- If a spouse, grandparent and/or caregiver wants to receive our communication blog updates, feel free to forward this link to them and have them join us! They just need to enter their email address.
Your orientation folder included a Lads & Lassies car magnet. Our main marketing strategy is to create the best preschool experience possible for the families attending LLCP, and we encourage our families to share their great experience with others! Please put the “ask me about…Lads & Lassies” magnet on your family car. Thank you for helping us spread the word! We have extras in the office.
We are looking forward to another great school year🙂
Parent Orientation at 7:00pm in the Great Room (upstairs). See you tonight!
Thank you for all the gifts, cards and sweet treats! We have enjoyed it all!
Please take a minute of your time to complete this short survey. Your feedback is very important to us. Click here to take you to Survey Monkey.
Returning Students: Remember that completed enrollment paperwork is due back by August 1st. Remember the state medical form must be signed and dated by your child’s physician and on file in the office prior to the first day of school, so schedule accordingly.
Good News! Please help us welcome Candice Sheppard to the Lads & Lassies teaching staff! Candice brings with her experience as a preschool teacher, employee of the Wyoming City Schools after school program, nanny and mom. Candice is also the mother of LLCP graduate, Sophia, and Alice, a current LLCP student. Her enthusiasm and love of children make her a natural fit for our preschool.
Happy last day of school! It has been a privilege to work with your children this year. If you need anything over the summer, please send an email and we will get back to you. Thank you for sharing your child with us!
Here are some reminders:
- No backpacks
- No snacks
- Drop off at regular time (morning at 9:00am, afternoon at 12:30pm)
Last Day Program:
- Program is upstairs in the Great Room – ALL are invited -grandparents, siblings, babysitters, friends…
- Morning program starts at 9:30am
- Afternoon program starts at 1:00pm
- The children will be dismissed to you at the end of the program (shortened day)
- DVD’s of the End of Year Video will be for sale in the Great Room for $5
- Projects will be displayed in the upstairs gathering area – remember to take a look!
Science Camp is May 24-27
- 9:00am-noon, Tues – Fri
- Pack a snack each day
- Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting messy
- Put sunscreen on your child before arriving